Latest Stories

My Everyday Make Up Look




I was looking and trying for make up look that I could wear everyday and I finally found the look that I've been wanting to achieve. It is really easy make up routine and doesn't take so much of my time so I'm really happy with it. 




For base, blush and highlighting

I first apply L'Oréal Skin Perfection Serum then my Emulsion lotion from Avène all over my face to mattify areas that tend to be oily like my T-zone. I will have separate review on them with my morning skincare post soon. Then I apply the Garnier BB cream in Medium. I love this bb cream because it gives good coverage for my blemishes and pigmentations. Although it's a bit thicker formula but I prefer this than those with almost watery conistency that doesn't do anything with my skin. After that I still need to conceal some of the red spots and scars using the Revlon's photoready concealer in Light medium. It conceals well but it tends to look cakey after I put on my translucent powder. I usually just use my fingertips when applying it but now I tried using an eyeshadow brush and the result is better. I use the brush from the UD Naked 2 and really works well in blending it. I used to apply the Revlon's undereye concealer and was really good and for me better than applying cream concealer under the eyes because cream concealer tends to look cakey after I buff the translucent powder. Then I finish it off with Clarin's Mineral Loose Powder in dark 03 using the Bourjois kabuki brush in buffing motion all over the face and neck so that the concealer stays in place and to set my make up and also to mattify the bb cream. It also adds more coverage because bb cream doesn't fully cover all my blemishes. I stopped using Liquid Foundation when I discovered bb cream because Foundation was really heavy for me and so unnatural looking unlike bb cream that just melts in my skin and blends really well. 


For my cheeks, I just recently learned contouring my face. I just love the effect and I'm really glad I learned it from reading blogs and watching youtube videos especially Lisa Eldridge's tutorial. It just gives wonderful dimension to my face. I use NYC Big Bold Bronzing Powder in 602 Metropolitan. I think this is the darkest shade available in the Kruidvat here in Gent. I'm not really sure if it's the perfect color for contouring for my skin type because I'm still newbie with contouring but if I apply really lightly it doesn't look chalky and gives a nice shadow and dimension to my cheekbones. For blush I use Mac Springsheen Sheertone Shimmer blush. I love this blush because of the shimmer with it. It contours my face really well and gives a different vibrance and just lovely dimension to my face. Then I highlight my face using Mac Soft and Gentle Mineralize Skinfinish. I apply it under my eyebrows and above my cheekbones til the above arch from my eyebrows, I make like a C form. I learned it from Carmindy which she calls "Carmindize." It bounces light and looks really nice when there is sunlight and gives you a nice glow. But because the Springsheen has shimmer already I skip highlighting the cheekbones sometimes and just other areas. For contouring and blush I use the Barbara Hofmann Angled blush brush. This brush is really soft and applies products really well. Great quality for the price. I highly recommend this brush! Perfect for bronzers, contouring and blush. I bought this from Di in Gent. I hope they sell more range of the brushes from this brand here because it is really good quality brush and budget friendly too.




For eyes

I usually don't have much time to apply eyeshadow on a daily basis that's why I opted to have basic make up routine excluding eyeshadow. It's such a shame that I have Urban Decay's Naked 1 & 2 and I only use them so rarely that one day I realize that I should use it  more often than let them lye around in a corner. One day I used my UD Naked palette and didn't want to use sparkly eyeshadow and I noticed it has two brown matte eyeshadows. I just recently love matte brown eyeshadows because it is really perfect for everyday wear.  Not heavy and just natural looking make up that is easy to apply and blend. 




I usually just use the shades sidecar, toasted and hustle from this palette and didn't touch at all the matte ones not until recently. I really regret that I haven't thought of using it before. I remember I loved a make up from a tv show called "Model op een dag" in Holland and I was really fascinated how a brown eyeshadow applied beautifully on her eyes. It was really perfect make up for me and wanted to copy that look and eventually forgot about it. 

So I decided to try the shades Naked and Buck and it was really a surprise for me! It is the effect that I wanted. It is easy to blend and looks so natural. I couldn't be happier! I apply Naked at all over the eyelid as a base then I blend out the Buck all over the crease to have a brown contour and also on my outer lid. I apply a bit darker at the outer lid to have a better dimension of the eyes. Then I apply the Covergirl Liquilineblast in brown following the upperline from my lashes as much as close as possible with my lashline so your lashes will have a thicker effect. I learned this from Carmindy and she also recommended the Covergirl liquilineblast and I'm very contented and happy with it because it's really budget friendly but the quality is superb and it lasts all day without smudging plus it is waterproof! I just follow from inner to outer upper part of my lashline using the Essence gel eyeliner brush and don't make any special wing or cateye effect because my eyes look smaller when I do it. In this way my eyes really pops up beautifully. Then I curl my lashes with a Tweezerman curlash which I had for 2 years now and works really good. Then coat my lashes with Clinique High Impact waterproof mascara in black/brown. My current favorite mascara. Review here



For lips


Lastly, for my lips I use first the Clinique Chubby stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm in 04 Mega Melon and top it off with NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss in 155 Perfect. These are my go to lip choice combo for this year's Spring to Summer. Review here




Comments

  1. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing make-up picks!! I really want the Urban Decay palette! x

    www.krystelcouture.com
    Real Techniques Core Collection Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jenny! Urban Decay palette is worth it! :) I joined your Real techniques core collection giveaway because I've been wanting to have it. I hope I win. *fingerscrossed!*

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Urban Decay Naked palette is my all time fav, such wearable everyday shades.

    Hanh x | hanhabelle

    ReplyDelete

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove)